Thursday, August 23, 2012

Paperbag: Christmas in August


Hi Guys,
It's Elin here; this week we are playing around with a real challenge:
making Christmas cards with Summer papers!
Here in Norway some of us have these HUGE paperbags for disposal of food, and these disposal bags are just great for cardmaking. This is my first shot at one of these these and here's my result:

 I used Maja Design's Read a Book from the Life In The Country collection.
The paperbag is brown, so I used Gesso on all edges before punching.The gorgeous Gardenia got a touch of Distress Tea Dye on the edges. As usual, I also used Jute Twine and Cheese Cloth on the front. The bow is also made with Cheese Cloth :)
I used dies to cut out the panels, and some Norwegian stamps. On the edges I used Snow-Tex (- have you seen all the new great Christmas products that have just arrived at the store???) to give it a hint of winter.

The bow tied on the inside is made with the Creamy Organza Ribbon. I also used several Vintage Stamps to play around with on the background.
You can find loads of great products for cards like this at the Live & Love Crafts Store, so why not take a peek and be ready for Christmas in time!
Well that's it from me for now.
With love,

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Elin! Great job with those gorgeous papers. love the paper bag base! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is clever, I love how you have a paper bag look so beautiful!!
    Love,Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete