Saturday, August 31, 2013

Blue Baby Cake

Hello everyone, Elin with you today.
First of all, let me just say that I'm so so sorry about the quality of my pictures today! The light was horrible and when I viewed the pics on my computer, the "Cake" had  already gone out the door... 
Let's just say that the bluish tone is to set you in the right mode hehe...

Today I have a Diaper Cake to show you guys. Not sure if that's what it's called in English, but that's what we call them here in Norway. One of my close friends just gave birth to the cutest baby boy ever. She's also a good college of mine, and work ordered this as a welcome home gift:
Lovely Sandra might not approve of my contribution this week, as I have not used a single design paper! BUT there are so many other yummy things to find in her store, like this gorgeous satin ribbon. I have also used the sweet Lace Helene on the middle layer.
The gorgeous bark hearts in both sizes were used (and yes, restocks of the large ones are expected to arrive in mid September, Sandra has told me), with a touch of Stampendous Frantage in the Shabby Blue colour. The lovely roses are from the latest addition to the store: Wild Orchild Crafts. Aren't they just GORGEOUS??? I am so in love with them in every colour, so well... I'm getting them in every color there is to get them in haha :D
I have used rolled up diapers to make the cake, in three different layers. On top I tend to use either a teddy bear, or as in this case a box with two pacifiers. 
And now for the key of the day. As you know, we got loads of sweet keys in the Live and Love Crafts store. Here is one of them, its named "Key To My Heart" which is the right words when it comes to new babies <3 <3 <3
I have of course added some shabby blue frantage on the key too, and the whole cake got groups of blue pearls here and there:
Hope you enjoyed something different than a card from me this week ;)
Til we meet again...
Hugs & Kisses
Elin

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This is fabulous, any 'mum to be' would love this gift, it looks beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely treat you gave us Elin! And such a gorgeous creation, as always I must say! :)

    Hugs
    Evelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh such a great gift and with great gorgeous details! Hugs, Chantal

    ReplyDelete