Monday, October 12, 2015

Surprise

Good morning everyone,

This week at LLC Sandy has set a theme of "surprise me".  Now I seem to have gained a reputation of producing christmas cards as they are my absolute favourite to make, so my surprise today for Sandy is NOT another christmas card.

In fact this project has been incredibly hard for me.  For those of you who follow my blog you will know that just 3 weeks ago my gorgeous little Bichon Frise Ollie passed away very suddenly at just 4 years old.  When I received this frame from Dutch Doobadoo I knew what I wanted to do and also knew how hard it would be also.  As the theme was surprise me for Sandy I know she will be expecting Christmas or Girly so this is different for both of us.  My heart broke that day and I still find myself crying each day so as you can imagine I cried all the way through making this, but it does have some happy memories of our time together.  I also have tears rolling down my cheeks writing this but I think I have done him proud and it will probably  be put in my craft room, where Ollie shared many flowers dropping on his head and wearing frantage and glitter, bless him.


I have used Maya Design 1905 for the background paper and edged the MD frame in white gesso and black gesso.  He was the most gorgeous Bichon I have every come across.  He was a family member and as such he had to wear his Christmas jumper and his christmas hat.  As you can see from the picture below, we used to go walking in the woods and Ollie would love fetching sticks, so I have added Cinnamon Sticks for this memory and you can see I have actually tied his tag using vax cord, the same tag he has on in the picture.


I used a Stempleglede stamp for the sentiment at the bottom embossed with white embossing powder using a versamark ink.




Even though he had a brilliant white coat, he loved to get muddy and the picture below is after walking with his first friend Milly.




I hope I surprised you Sandy :)

Hugs Tracy x


Follow Me on Pinterest



4 comments:

  1. Je ne sais comment le dire en Anglais mais cette toile est un bel hommage à votre petit chien
    même si vous avez du avoir beaucoup d'émotions en la réalisant
    Il restera ainsi toujours auprès de vous.
    Merveilleuse réalisation
    Je vous embrasse bien fort
    Maïté

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful keepsake and a very hard thing to make so brave hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete